Friday 8 May 2015

Cadillac Ranch - There's Art and There's "Art"

Yes, I left my mark
 I'm sure many of you were a little confused by my last post so here I am to explain. The two photos in "It's a Photo of..." were of Cadillac Ranch: a most peculiar looking tribute to the evolution of the Cadillac Tailfin. I can remember seeing Cadillac Ranch in a documentary when I was younger and thinking that it was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen!
 This strange work of art was built by Hudson Marquez, Chip Lord and Doug Michels in 1974 as a public art installation. It consists of 10 disused Cadillacs buried nose first in a field outside of Amarillo, Texas, at, according to Wikipedia, "an angle corresponding to that of the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt."
 For some reason it's encouraged to graffiti the cars and, as you may have guessed, many people certainly take advantage of that. (I didn't have time to do a Jacob and Jamie mural unfortunately.) Apparently the cars are even periodically given a fresh coat of solid paint to give artists a "fresh canvas" to work with!
Now, these guys...
 I know it seems a very bizarre thing for me to do a post on but I thought some of the photos were kinda cool so here they are. Although, I must say that I prefer art when it's on a plate...

Oh, Gordon...
Seasoned with arbitrarialness,

Jacob







...are what I call artists.



































"To glorify my Savior, Jesus Christ, the Creator 
of the universe and spread further abroad His glorious gospel." - Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment