Thursday 20 February 2014

An All-American Rodeo

  Yep, you read it right. I had the chance to go to a Rodeo and TJ got to come too. It was an absolute blast and potentially a once in a lifetime experience. Because it was so late in the year, I had thought perhaps that the whole 'rodeo season', as it were, was over but I was gladly proved wrong. It turned out to be a championship so it was very competitive and great fun to watch. (If I had a little less regard for my pelvis I'd happily give it a go!) There were buckin' broncos, barrel racing and then a wife carrying contest. So, all in all, a fantastic night out!
Do yourselves a favour and eat just before you go out!
 From the angle of food, I discovered that there can be some unusual to just plain gastronomic treats at rodeos for the spectators to enjoy. If there is an excuse for a cookout then Americans will find one! BBQ cook offs including 2 foot long sausages and 4 lb burgers and then deep fried everything from cinnamon rolls to pop tarts! I dread to think what they'd get up to at a Texan rodeo...

Seasoned with Gastronomicalness,

Jacob

"Ride like the wind, Bullseye!"

Disgusting... You just don't do that to
cheesecake!






A buckin' bronco


Fast and furious barrel racing
I'm lovin' Montana!

The hilarious wife carrying contest!






"To glorify my Savior, Jesus Christ, the Creator 

of the universe and spread further abroad His glorious gospel." - Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment