Monday 24 February 2014

Pizza Casserole and Sad Goodbyes

An abundance of coffee syrups to choose from
 TJ and his family were preparing for an up-and-coming camp which meant that coffee machines had to be prepped. Getting your coffee just right can be a very meticulous procedure due to the variables involved. (Just ask my friend, Jodi!) Grind, bean strength, water levels, temperature, etc. However, the upside meant that there was a lot of testing... There were some fantastic syrups too. English toffee to Amaretto. I was offered to try an Italian Soda for the first time but I must say I'm a big fan of white chocolate and butterscotch frappuccinnos and french vanilla lattes. What are your coffee habits?
A very happy me!
 For lunch I had what was called "Pizza Casserole" cooked for the camp staff by the amazing Margie. It was a baked pasta (conchiglie I think) with a bolognese and then pepperoni on the cheese, served with salad and ranch dressing (of which I have become quite fond though I never used to like it) and garlic toast. I also got to try pumpkin cake which is made much like carrot cake and, if you like carrot cake, just as delicious.
Prepping the coffee area
 One evening we had a bonfire and, of course, that meant s'mores! Oh, yes. Toasted marshmallows and melted chocolate. I couldn't wear my cool hoodie properly due to a carpet burn from an intense game of "crab-basketball" but that's another story...
S'mores!
 Sadly, the time had come for me to leave and continue in my adventure across the States. However, during my stay I had made new friends, gathered inspiration, tried more foods for the first time and learned how to swing dance thanks to TJ and his sister. Guys, you made my stay so special and I won't forget a moment spent with you all. I look forward to spending fun times together again!

Seasoned with Expectation,

Jacob

P.S. Sorry for breaking that guitar string, TJ!


Trying pumpkin cake
Pizza casserole













Seriously, would you drink this? Only in Montana...


Yep, I found some very
cool glasses!


...how to swing dance.


Learning from the best...


























I am really going to miss this kitchen
Saying goodbye to the wonderful kitchen staff















"To glorify my Savior, Jesus Christ, the Creator 
of the universe and spread further abroad His glorious gospel." - Yours Truly

1 comment:

  1. Happy Happy Happy! I love this kitchen, I will have to visit there someday :) Why would you ever want to leave this place? I am so glad you had such a great time at the Camp. God is Good.

    ReplyDelete