Thursday 6 November 2014

I Cook in the Mojave Desert - Part 3

 Once again, it was time to be back on the road again. However, there was still more delicious stuff to make. Helen and I made pizzas for everyone! Absolutely fantastic fun!
 A little trick that Helen does with her pizza bases is lightly oiling the pans but also sprinkling a garlic powder mix on the oil. This gives the base that perfect, light and golden crispness. When it came to toppings Helen told me off for being stingy with the pepperoni. Apparently we were making American pizzas, not English pizzas... Ha, ha! 
 If you're looking at the photos and thinking that some of the pizzas look like they ballooned a bit, that's because they did... The first ones were obviously left the longest so the carried on rising a bit. That didn't stop them tasting just great however! 
 And don't get me started on Butterfingers, let alone the ice-cream version! Some things I wish I was never introduced to...oh, boy.
Butterfinger "candy" bar
 Dear Sullivan family, thank you so much for everything you did in my stay with you all. Hopefully it won't be too long until we get to all meet up again. If ever you fancy a break from the desert and want to cool off a bit, don't hesitate pay me a visit across the blue. God bless you all!

Seasoned with some Californian sunshine,

Jacob





The pecan dessert from Part 1 with pumpkin pie
ice-cream.




Absolute deliciousness! We did a sausage pizza too. (right middle)

Double deep pan!






























"To glorify my Savior, Jesus Christ, the Creator 
of the universe and spread further abroad His glorious gospel." - Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment