Thursday 20 November 2014

The Grand Canyon!

Whoohoo!
11th November 2013
Arizona, US
78.8 miles north of Flagstaff

Words are going to fail me and never do justice to this day so I'm simply attaching the photos to this post and letting them speak for themselves. Even then, it's just one of those places that will never have the same effect on you unless you are actually there to see it for yourself. Standing on the edge of one of the world's natural wonders with the wind in your face as you cautiously peer over the edge to see the Colorado river miles away below you is an indescribable experience. Everyone should visit the Grand Canyon.

Seasoned with Grandeur,

Jacob
Getting excited!
Super excited!
Some things make you feel like you can fly!










One of my all time favourite photos of this trip






















I thought this was cool. Different hiking routes with the recommended supplies needed. I would love to do some of these!
If you look closely you can see a pod-racer bottom left...I'm joking!

The raging and wild Colorado River literally miles below.









Now, that's a view...

The vastness is hard to comprehend






"Am I really here?"























Breath taking, right? It's about ten miles to the plateau on the other side.















































He, he! Now this was a surprise!




























Elk at an arms reach was such a cool, unexpected thing to see.
A few for my ever growing collection...

An experience that I'll never forget.




























Anyway, anybody else hungry now?


Oh, and here's a fantastic picture I thought I'd add...

The Grand Canyon from Space! Just bamboozical..

No comments:

Post a Comment