Monday 9 September 2013

"In-Flight" Food


My "in-flight" meal
 If you have read my last post, "Jacob's America", then you'll know that I was headed to the States. Well, here I am! As promised, I am documenting some of the food that I come across so I thought I would start with the meal I had on the flight across the "big blue".
 I flew with Aer Lingus, an Irish air line, and so, when I discovered that the plane was to be completely green, I was thrilled. I did research the airline's food a little and there were mixed opinions it seemed so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. There were two choices: chicken tikka with saffron rice or a beef stew and roast potatoes. I went for the tikka (I do enjoy a good curry, see my curry post here) and thoroughly enjoyed it. It came with a little pasta salad, a bread roll and a pack of biscuits. Now, just a little thing that made me happy was that my biscuits were chocolate and orange cookies! (Chocolate and orange is one of my all time favourite combinations, see previous post "Chocolate and Elderflower Truffles".)
Chicken Tikka Masala
 They did serve scones later in the flight but I'm a little dubious of scones now... Read the story of my adventures at the Big Church Day Out HERE. My sisters' scones are better anyhow.
 So, I'm here all safe and sound and awaiting the next food experience. Stay tuned, the fun has only just begun!

 Seasoned with Commencement,

 Jacob

It was a huge, green A330 Airbus!


Exiting the first plane at the layover in
my very cool shades...
Thoroughly enjoying my green seat!


I was fortunate enough to be able to photograph the beef stew option also


"To glorify my Savior, Jesus Christ, the Creator 
of the universe and spread further abroad His glorious gospel." - Yours Truly

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you arrived safely! God bless

    ReplyDelete