Monday 30 September 2013

A Week in Minnesota - Part 2

   The next morning, I helped grill 60 lbs of juicy, thick, marinated pork chops. Yep, you read that right: 60 lbs! Again hot work. We had to spray ourselves with water! 
 And then in the afternoon it was pasta making but the scale of everything was almost too much to take in. They had a huge electric pasta machine that completely dwarfs my humble one back home. It sure did the job and I soon got into the rhythm of things. Absolutely great fun.



The  big lump was cut into smaller lumps...
...rolled flat once and then rolled
again just thinner.
Once a week, they make a whole load of wholewheat bread rolls so I got to help roll those out too. It takes a bit of practice but I did manage to use both hands which I've never been able to do.
 And then there was the salsa. Just incredible! My job was to semi-blanche bushels and bushels of freshly picked tomatoes so I had to wear so I had to wear these very cool, heavy-duty gloves that came up to my elbows. Now, I'm not actually fussed by salsa usually but this stuff was just so good. Fresh green bell peppers, garlic, onions, chillies and tomatoes all poured into a huge vat where I stirred it all together with a paddle. Seriously good stuff but unfortunatley I was up to my elbows in it so I didn't get to take in pictures for you guys so my apologies.
 I'll leave this one here I think but worry not, part three is under construction...
Grilling out on a huge BBQ!


The awesome pasta machine
The rolled pasta was hung on the
racks behind me























"To glorify my Savior, Jesus Christ, the Creator 
of the universe and spread further abroad His glorious gospel." - Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment