Monday 13 January 2014

"HuHot": Mongolian Grill

"How hot do you like it?"
 Sadly, it was time to leave Canada. However, that meant returning to...Montana! Yay! So, after a long drive from Calgary and checking in to my motel, finding somewhere to eat was the next step. Due to it being a special occasion, I went somewhere very different indeed: "HuHot".

 "HuHot" (me!) is a Mongolian grill and I've never been anywhere like it! It was a brilliant experience and great evening out. The buffet works like this:
  1. Take a bowl and select a meat, noodles and vegetables
  2. Top the whole bowl with a premade sauce or create your own (A must try is one called "Khan's Revenge")
  3. My meal cooking away
  4. Take your bowl to the grill, stand back and enjoy the show!

Options for sauces...
 Once you've given your bowl over, prepare for an experience. There were two chefs with grill spatulas, flipping them up in the air and doing these really mean tricks as they cook everyone's food on a huge circular grill! If you'd taken an egg from the buffet, they toss it up in the air, and catch and crack it with the spatulas. That's pretty cool! As some of you know, I love playing drums and it turned out that the guy who did my bowl was a drummer too so I'm sure that helped in training! 

 In one evening I tried, all for the first time, calamari (don't try it raw...), crab (it could definitely grow on me), scallops (pretty good, I'd love to cook them myself sometime), bamboo shoots and Thai noodles ( both not that impressive)! I also got the knack of chopsticks too. In fact, I was able to pick up a single grain of rice with chopsticks by the end of evening. 
Make sure you use plenty or it can
end up very dry when cooked.

Why not create your own signature
sauce?
Seasoned with Surprises,

Jacob



P.S. If ever you're at "HuHot", ask for the "Dragon's Fire" when you take your bowl to the grill...


The "Dragon's Fire"!



















For an authentic Mongolian experience, you
must learn to use chopsticks.












My wonderful waitress





Noodles of various sorts and sizes...










Trying calamari...
...and scallops for the first time.




I didn't have to ask to see the kitchen...it was right there! These guys were absolutely awesome!



"To glorify my Savior, Jesus Christ, the Creator 
of the universe and spread further abroad His glorious gospel." - Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment