Thursday 13 March 2014

High Tower Ranch - Part 2

I found a cowboy hat. This has got to be
one of the coolest ever silhouette shapes!
 After breakfast was awaiting another treat: the chance to ride one my hosts' horses. There is a tab on some posts "Besides Cooking..." which means that I've mentioned other things in that post that I enjoy greatly, sometimes as much as I do cooking. Horses and riding is definitely included in that. It's amazingly good fun, there are many object lessons you can learn and...well, it's a rather manly activity all round!
Chocolate cake. What more needs be
said?
 That afternoon there were two local Autumn festivals. For the second one, Oktoberfest, there was an auction for home-made cakes so Carol set about putting her abundant knowledge to work by making a huge chocolate cake. (She has this amazing "baker's toolbox".) 
If you're going to bake, why not do it
properly?
 At the first event there was loads of seasonal-type food that people had brought like, autumn themed cupcakes, toffee apples and spiced, hot cider. Steve plays in a real "cowboy band" who were playing music at the first event. However, it somehow got around that I am a musician too and, if you're a musician, you will know what that can lead too... I've never played an acoustic bass before or a fretless bass and I ended up playing an acoustic, fretless bass! It was great fun and everyone loved it.
 However, because of this, my band and I were then asked to do the music at the larger, second event in town where Steve and his band were going to play. Carol entered her cake (I didn't get to take a photo of the finished relsult) and there was a BBQ too! What a great day! I was just blown away with how incredibly kind and hospitable all these people were.

More to come!








Performing at the Oktoberfest



Meet 'Shorty', my noble steed.



Manly moment #2!















"I'm not one of those posing pretty boys..."
Those are lyrics in an actual country song!
Being taught by a master horseman. Steve has been riding since he could sit up!


















"To glorify my Savior, Jesus Christ, the Creator 
of the universe and spread further abroad His glorious gospel." - Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment