Thursday 27 March 2014

High Tower Ranch - Part 3 (Chick's Bar and Diner)

 After a tour of a huge neighbouring ranch (and by neighbouring I mean maybe a dozen or so miles away!) which was very cool, a large group of us all went to, literally, the only restaurant in town, Chick's Bar and Diner. There's a little saying from this area and it goes like, "People say we're old fashioned - we hope so!" Chick's certainly does it's bit to keep that theme. In the restaurant were saddles on the booth separators, horned animal skull trophies on the walls along with lassos and old Indian tools and weapons so it has a real atmosphere to the place.
 After perusing the menu, and recalling how much I enjoyed the onion rings from 4B's Diner (see previous post "4-B's Diner" Lord of the Onion Rings"), I ordered a half-pounder burger with bacon and cheese and onion rings. Ah, that hit the spot. I love the little baskets that the food came in too, I've always wanted to eat out somewhere like this. Many thanks to the waitresses for their cheery and speedy service.
Not quite what an English chap such as myself might first
picture when "fish 'n' chips" is on the menu
 That night, a storm set in with fierce winds bringing snow from the north where a cell was devastating communities with huge power outages. I had worn only a shirt all day as it had been very warm but the next morning (after a breakfast of homemade Eggs Benedict) when, very sadly, it was again time to move on, a few extra layers had to be added! The entire look of the valley had changed. Powdery snow had fallen, dusting the hill tops and fields like icing-sugar to then be whipped by the furious winds which were making just standing up difficult.
 Well, after sad goodbyes to my wonderful hosts at the High Tower Ranch B+B, yet another little chapter of this adventure had come to a close and I was on the road again. I shall certainly be taking fond memories with me from my stay in the Ruby Valley. It has been a very, very, very, awesome, awesome, awesome, experience!

Seasoned with Epizeuxisness,

Jacob


My tantalizing-super-delicious-mouth-watering bacon cheese burger!





Manly moment #3?
He, he! Just joking.












The waitresses from Chick's Bar and Diner


Carol's trusty, old stove really came
into it's own when the temperature dropped.
It seems totally bonkers that I've got all these layers on
compared to yesterday's blazing sunshine!














Oh, I neglected to mention these. Carols home-made
cinnamon rolls topped with a caramel glaze











"To glorify my Savior, Jesus Christ, the Creator 
of the universe and spread further abroad His glorious gospel." - Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment