Saturday 2 February 2013

Where did it all begin?

One of my first ever pizzas
Well, I suppose the beginning is a good place to start. I was inspired by watching a young, trendy gent (in green shirt because green is good) from Essex, order from Dominos and then make his own, amazing pizza from scratch quicker than them. It completely blew my little, naive brains away. He then went on to make the most inspiring creations before thousands of people with such ease and charisma. I mean, come on! A whole chicken baked in a case of rock salt? An incredible, lamb curry in minutes while playing drums at the same time? What's up with that! It opened up to me this whole world of edible, heavenly joy that I had never before seen. I just had to get in the kitchen and taste for myself how easy this could apparently be for just any Joe Bloggs to achieve. So easily was this man proved right when my sister and I first attempted to recreate the recipe for his sensationally elementary pizza.

 It was done.

 The word 'embark' describes that moment well. I was cooking and that was that for it had begun; this great and wonderful journey that would take me places I had never thought possible. The life lessons that would be taught me would prove invaluable.
My first attempt at a stuffed bread.
Now that's a stuffed crust!
 Soon after making pizzas, I decided that I would try making dinner for the family and do my Mum's pasta recipe. (Who, by the way, is among the worlds greatest mentors. Mama's arecipe alwaysa the besta!) It was super easy I enjoyed the feeling it gave after it was done. It has always been a family favourite and over the years I have tweaked it here and there and now I can pretty much do this amazing dish blindfolded. My Mum's bolognese can be used for so many things and is positively delicious! I shall be posting the recipe for this pasta dish in the near future so stay tuned for that and the next episode in my foodie voyage.

 If you guys have any questions or queries, recipe requests, etc, then leave a comment I will try to do my best for you. Now get out there and cook something!

Seasoned with Grace,

Jacob

P.S. Check out the Music Videos below!

"To glorify my Savior, Jesus Christ, the Creator 
of the universe and spread further abroad His glorious gospel." - Yours Truly 

No comments:

Post a Comment