Monday 29 April 2013

Wedding Food

Delicious dishous
  Wow, where to start! We went to a friend's wedding down south the other day and had a real blast. Firstly I would like to say a hearty congratulations and huge 'well done' to the bride and groom who both looked fabulous. May you together experience many, many years of joy. 
 The food was really good so I took some pictures. However, the best course for presentation was probably the starter...which I neglected to photograph! It was a beautiful quiche served with an onion chutney and a balsamic reduction dressing. How does that sound? The main course comprised of cold meats, these deliciously dressed new potatoes, salads and coleslaw. (I've done some science but never came across Cole's Law...) However, I have not yet acquired a taste for coleslaw so I had pickled onions which I have quite a fetish for. 
My plate hence the lack of coleslaw
Well done to the bride. It was quite a
masterpiece.
 They did a selection of cheesecakes for dessert and I had a super chocolatey one which really was a delish dish. During the evening there was a buffet of finger food as well and they always go down quite nicely too. I must say that I was greatly impressed with the wedding cake which the beautiful bride did herself days before the wedding! That certainly deserves some comments so get writing below. To top things off, the band during the evening while doing their sound check were playing some real jazzy music. Oh yeah! (See previous post Tools For The Job - Part 3)
Chocolate cheesecake!
 Now, this I didn't know but the team who did all the food (who did an absolutely awesome job by the way!) were actually the caterers for the BoE (Bank of England)! I got my picture with them and gave their General Manager my blog too so, as you can imagine, I was decidedly happy.
 I learned a fair bit concerning how one might go about doing the catering for a wedding and it has been one of those things that I've always wanted to do sometime in the future. Though, when it comes to my wedding, I've often wondered who would do the food for that...
Myself and my beautiful photographer

Seasoned with Romance,

Jacob




The brilliant BoE catering team. A huge 'thank you' to you all!





























"To glorify my Savior, Jesus Christ, the Creator
of the universe and to spread further abroad His glorious gospel." - Yours Truly

1 comment: