Tuesday 8 October 2013

BLT's, a Chinese Buffet and Mt. Rushmore

"Great faces, great places..."
 After another long drive through dry and rolling South Dakota from Minnesota, I arrived in Rapid City to spend the night in a hotel (not motel this time). I had a swim, a BLT and much needed night's sleep. The next day I'd been looking forward to greatly: I went to see the "Faces" otherwise known as Mt. Rushmore! The weather was absolutely gorgeous and I got there mid-morning which apparently is the best time for light otherwise shadows can spoil it a bit so if you're thinking of visiting, get a clear day and arrive as early as you can.
 The entire area around Mt. Rushmore is just simply incredible. If you're a hiker or just enjoy the outdoors then this place is just awesome. I wish I had more time to spend there but, alas, I didn't. I had another over seven hour drive ahead so it was back on the road again. 
 After seven hours turned into nearly ten...I finally drove into Cody, Wyoming. I was staying a few miles out of town but it was completely dark so I couldn't really see where I was properly. When I woke up the next morning and looked out the window, however, did I then see one of the most amazing (if not the most amazing) view from a living room ever. Wyoming is an absolutely amazing place! All of the Western movies you've ever seen just can't compare to actually being where they're set.
Jamie in Arizona, I believe. A lot of Wyoming
looks a lot like the background
 I went to a Chinese buffet for lunch and tucked into some teriyaki chicken, spring rolls, popcorn shrimp, egg-fried rice and all that jazz. That was good! There was this really nice banana dessert there too though I didn't find out what it was. So, if you're in Cody sometime and fancy a Chinese then get yourselves to the China Town Buffet. However, my all time favourite Chinese buffet that I've been to was one in Niagra, Ontario but I just can't remember what it was called... Blast.


A bacon, lettuce and tomatoe sandwich with
fries. (Chips over here a what we call crisps.)
Hey, that's my word!





















Hmmm... I like buffets
My 'Dr. Seuss' ice-cream
Ah, that's better!






"To glorify my Savior, Jesus Christ, the Creator 
of the universe and spread further abroad His glorious gospel." - Yours Truly

1 comment:

  1. We are all enjoying your blog and photos, Thanks Love to all the family
    Cathy Carter

    ReplyDelete