Wednesday 16 October 2013

Mama's Pasta and Daddy's Chilli

I could get used to this... Cheers!
 After a night in Billings, there was then a four and a bit hour drive to Big Sky Montana. The cabin I was staying was nothing short of awesome! Nearly everything was made from timber and there were moose decorated everywhere around the rooms. Even the salt and pepper and an oven glove! The kitchen was fantastic complete with an all-American fridge-freezer and gas 'stove' as they are known as over here. Beside the kitchen, however, my favourite object sat outside in the just above freezing temperatures: the hot tub. Oh, boy, I want one of these! After a day in a hot, non-stop, stressful, kitchen, you will seriously appreciate a good soak.
Isn't this the cutest oven
glove you've ever seen?
 One day while there I made a chilli with tortillas, a definite firm favourite of mine. It's my Dad's recipe which is always super popular when made. When I'm home, I'll hopefully get the recipe up here for you all. It's really easy, takes literally a few minutes and is super tasty. Bring on the Doritos!
Yep, those are salt 'n' pepper pots
 I also did my Mum's pasta and bolognese sauce. Again a very popular dish whenever served up to any age group. You can find the recipe right HERE so give it a try sometime and tell me what you think!

Seasoned with Montananinity,

Jacob





A well simmered chilli

Note the cheeky bear in the background. It's designed for
holding utensils.

Another BBQ!
A very satisfying result if I say so myself


Get the recipe HERE
Your the best, Mum!






















"To glorify my Savior, Jesus Christ, the Creator 
of the universe and spread further abroad His glorious gospel." - Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment